Sunday, November 21, 2010

TAG: My Makeup Story

Questions:

1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?
2. How did you get into makeup?
3. What are some of your favorite brands?
4. What does makeup mean to you?
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?
8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?
10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?


Answers:

1. I was probably about eleven when I started wearing makeup. The first item that I used was probably concealer. From hormones, women tend to get breakout and red spots on certain areas of their face, and considering my pale skin this began to show at a pretty young age. So I used concealer around my nose and chin. The next item was eyeliner. Then probably mascara in 7th grade. Ive never really been into lip products just because my lips peel very easily and its not very attractive with a gloss or color on top.
2. It was my freshman year in high school and I had just purchased some new colors from the drugstore and was looking for a cool color combination on youtube when I came across this video (i will link it) This video really is the reason for me getting into makeup. Leesha was the first person I followed on youtube and began to share my love of makeup with! Her personality and self confidence really inspired me to become an artist with makeup.
Leesha's Video
3. My favorite brand of all is definitely Urban Decay. They were the first bit of high end makeup that I bought and I honestly have not found a product from them that I do not like. I even love the super glitter shadows once I found the right way to work with them! Another brand I love is Sugarpill. They are probably one of the few brands besides MAC and Urban Decay that I use on a daily basis. I also really love MAC face products and eye shadows.
4. Honestly, makeup is who I am. I found this hobby by chance thanks to Leesha but I really found who I am through makeup artistry. I don't use lots of makeup to cover up who I am, a lot of people think thats the only reason for wearing it. But it truly is a part of my personality and just brings out more of myself. I love having the ability to make a friend or someone I dont even know see beauty in themselves and spread self confidence onto others. My makeup reflects my life, personality and dreams. And it will always be as colorful and creative as I am.
5. hmmmm, definitely concealer as I stated before. Powder because I have wicked oily skin. Brown eyeliner and mascara.
Cocealer, coastal scents. Powder, trucco powder foundation. Eyeliner, MAC coffee. Mascara, maybelline falsies.
6. I love the endless possibilities of makeup. You can perfect a face or make someone look like they just got shot in the head. You can create a smokey eye or just wear eyeliner. Theres no end to the things you can create or opportunities makeup can bring you not just in the industry but in life.
7. In all honesty I would just reccomend purchasing the high end makeup(other then mascara thats the same everywhere) But seriously, theres honestly no comparison to the quality. But, I think if you have to buy drugstore products I really enjoy maybelline or nyx products the most. NYX has really great eyeshadows, maybelline has amazing mascaras. And I also love revlon lip products. But I will always be the one to splurge on the high end brands because I feel its worth the money.
8. PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!! And have confidence in your ability to succeed! The first shadows that i was working with were the glitterbomb urban decay ones so that was a challenge from the start and with practice and more practice and learning how to blend and prime i really grew in my abilities.
9. I never really got the whole colored mascara thing.. Ick. lol I think colored falsies + colored mascara is okay but just a colored mascara alone is clumpy and gross.
10. I honestly love most of the girls. Minus a few who truly do come off fake to me. I feel closer to the girls on youtube then most of my friends in my hometown. Ive met so many great people because of youtube and im so thankful for their friendships! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment